Albert disappeared from my projects list

Richie
Richie
Joined: 26 Jul 14
Posts: 41
Credit: 154,864,070
RAC: 0
Topic 91896

I can't see Albert anymore at my projects list. I participate on two other projects (Einstein and Asteroids). When I visit my account page at their web sites there is shown only Einstein and Asteroids at the list. Cross-project sertificates also show I'm contributing only those two projects. Where has Albert vanished? Surprised I don't have any problem running Albert tasks at the same time and I'm still logged in here.

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 10 Mar 16
Posts: 105
Credit: 5,544
RAC: 0

Richie wrote:I can't see

Richie wrote:
I can't see Albert anymore at my projects list. I participate on two other projects (Einstein and Asteroids). When I visit my account page at their web sites there is shown only Einstein and Asteroids at the list. Cross-project sertificates also show I'm contributing only those two projects. Where has Albert vanished? Surprised I don't have any problem running Albert tasks at the same time and I'm still logged in here.

I'm not sure what's going on. When I log into my Einstein account, I see Albert@Home in my cross-projects list. I'll have to investigate, but it won't be until after the US Thanksgiving holiday. But thanks for the field report!

~~~ Einstein@Home Project ~~~

Dr Who Fan
Dr Who Fan
Joined: 3 May 14
Posts: 13
Credit: 191,726
RAC: 0

Mine had disappeared too...

Mine had disappeared too... Saw a NEWS ITEM on Einstein forums about a new GDPR SETTING being set there and here.

Check your PRIVACY SETTINGS  PAGE here at Albert--->

SPECIFICALLY: Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites? 

Set it to YES and SAVE THE CHANGES. It might take 24 hours for the various Stats Sites to update.

sig-1347.png

sig.png

Richie
Richie
Joined: 26 Jul 14
Posts: 41
Credit: 154,864,070
RAC: 0

Thanks. There were some

Thanks. There were some messages at the Einstein forum and this was solved a few days ago. That procedure that you described is the correct thing to do. It makes Albert visible again. Sorry, I forgot to write the result also here.

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 10 Mar 16
Posts: 105
Credit: 5,544
RAC: 0

Richie wrote:Thanks. There

Message 80821 in response to message 80820

Richie wrote:
Thanks. There were some messages at the Einstein forum and this was solved a few days ago. That procedure that you described is the correct thing to do. It makes Albert visible again. Sorry, I forgot to write the result also here.

Thanks for the follow-up report too.

~~~ Einstein@Home Project ~~~

Gordon Lack
Gordon Lack
Joined: 7 Jul 14
Posts: 4
Credit: 83,744
RAC: 0

I've set my privacy to allow

I've set my privacy to allow stats site access, but BOINC stats hasn't shown any update for a while.

 

PS. It's possible (looking at its overall stats) that it isn't currently getting anyone's results

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 10 Mar 16
Posts: 105
Credit: 5,544
RAC: 0

Gordon Lack wrote:I've set my

Message 80825 in response to message 80823

Gordon Lack wrote:

I've set my privacy to allow stats site access, but BOINC stats hasn't shown any update for a while.

 PS. It's possible (looking at its overall stats) that it isn't currently getting anyone's results

I've checked that we are still generating statistics in the right place for our colleagues at BOINC stats, and other Web sites, to download. It's possible there is a problem on the other end of things. I'll see if we can contact the BOINC stats admin and ask.

If you wish, and have an account on his Web site (I don't), you could virtually poke him and ask about this. At some point Einstein@Home will use the same stats. export consent feature like on Albert@Home, and I suspect the same thing will happen.

~~~ Einstein@Home Project ~~~

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.